Our Service: Cyber Briefings for Senior Managers / C Suite
PlanB Consulting has carried out cyber briefings for a number of different organisations ensuring that their senior management understands the threat, their existing level of resilience and some of the issues they will face during a cyber incident. Having a robust cyber risk management plan in place is only one piece of the puzzle; having educated buy in from your Senior Managers is equally important to the plan’s success.
These have varied from one hour to a half-day training session(s).
All sessions are tailored to the needs of the organisation and the particular topics they want to cover. A typical agenda could include:
- The cyber incident landscape and review of recent incidents.
- Understanding the different types of cyber threats.
- Understanding your risk profile – what do you have to lose?
- The role of the crisis management team / gold team / strategic team in managing an incident.
- Crisis communications during a cyber incident.
- Reporting the incident and GDPR requirements for data breach reporting.
Cyber Risk Management
Cyber risk management starts by identifying, analysing, evaluating, and addressing your organisation’s cyber security threats. We tailor our Cyber Risk Management plan to suit your business, but it usually follows the same format:
- Identify the risks that might compromise your cyber security.
- Analyse the severity of each risk, how likely it is to occur, and what the impact might be.
- Evaluate how each risk falls within your scale of ‘acceptable risk’.
- Prioritise the risks.
- Decide how to respond to each risk.
- Put controls in place so the risks are continually reassessed.