ISO 22301:2019 Security and Resilience
Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
PlanB Consulting’s Director, Kim Maclean-Bristol, is a certified ISO 22301 lead auditor and sits on the British Standards Institute’s BCM/1, the BSI Committee responsible for Business Continuity and developing the UK’s input for the standard. Our other Director, Charlie, is a Fellow of the BCI and contributes to the development of the BCI Good Practice Guidelines (GPG), this ensures that when we carry out an audit on any organisation’s BCMS, we can not only ensure that it is aligned with the ISO and the GPG, but we can also advise on the latest changes to the ISO and GPG, ensuring that your organisation is up to date after the audit.
PlanB Consulting was the first consultancy in Scotland to achieve BS25999 certification before it was withdrawn and we are currently certified to ISO 22301. We specialise in helping to take our clients through both Stage 1 and Stage 2 certifications. With first-hand experience on how to maintain the standard we can ensure that there are no non-conformities at each Stage of certification.
ISO22301 Internal Audit
PlanB Consulting can carry out an internal audit that is aligned to the ISO22301 standard. This means that if you choose to go for certification, your organisation will be able to use the internal audit as a guide to the steps that need to be taken to meet the certification criteria.
For organisations that have a mature BCMS in place and may already have both Stage 1 and 2 ISO22301 certification, an internal audit carried out by PlanB can offer recommendations on how to improve your BCMS and ensure that any future surveillance or a re-certification will pass without any non-conformities, as well as improving your overall organisational resilience.
More reasons to use PlanB Consulting to help with ISO 22301 certification
- We were a BS25999 (achieved 2010) and ISO 22301 (achieved 2013) certified company
- We were the first consultancy in Scotland to achieve the standard for their own organisation, and one of the first in the UK.
- We have been audited on our own ISO certification three times and we carry out an internal audit on a regular basis to ensure we are to the highest standard.
- We have taken many organisations to ISO 22301 certification, from UK wide transport organisations, to data-centre companies.
- Kim Maclean-Bristol is a certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor and so she can carry out a ISO 22301 Internal audit or review. She is also qualified to teach the ICOR ISO 22301 Lead Auditor Course.
- Kim is on the Business Standards Institute BCM/1 Committee which is responsible for the UK input into the standard and its future development.
- We have worked with organisations across the UK and Europe, helping one business in Sweden to extend their certification to cover their USA operations.
- We continue to provide support to maintain many organisations’ standard certifications on an annual basis.
- Several organisations we have helped to ISO 22301 certification, when audited, had no non-conformities.
- We have supported different types of clients, including a large multinational defence organisation and a major financial institution towards achieving the standard – including working with three different certification bodies.